The Municipality of East Ferris believes everyone is entitled to a safe and friendly community. This is exercised by the inclusion of an Alcohol Policy for renters of our facilities.
Goal of the Alcohol Management Policy
The Municipality of East Ferris and its Parks & Recreation Committee wish to manage the use of alcohol in all facilities owned and operated by the Municipality in a way that ensures the health and safety of all participants and the protection of facilities.
To meet leisure needs and requirements of the Municipality, a policy for the management of alcohol during events and functions is recommended.
- To provide procedures and education to ensure that all Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) legislation pertaining to Special Occasion Permits is properly understood and is strictly followed.
- To provide management procedures and education to protect the participating public, volunteers, the corporation and its staff from legal liabilities which could result from a lack of proper supervision and operation of Special Occasion Permit functions.
- To encourage and reinforce responsible moderate drinking practices through the development of appropriate operational procedures, controls, training and education.
- To provide for a balanced use of alcohol through Special Occasion Permits so that alcohol becomes a responsible part of a social function rather than the reason for the function.
- To provide a balance of wet and dry facilities and programs so that consumers, abstainers, adults, youth and families will be adequately serviced and protected
If you have any questions please call the Parks and Recreation Department at 705-752-3566.
Municipal Alcohol Policy